Skip to main content

10 Useful Yoga Tips for Beginners

Did you buy the yoga mat and are you ready for your first class? Or maybe you've already taken some classes, but you're still looking for a kind of guide anyway.

And that's what I want to give you today a guide based on my experience, that although I've been practicing for some time, I see each class as if it were the first. I make each position as if I was doing it for the first time; I prepare it well. I listen to my teacher as if it were the first time I heard her, and I manage to surprise myself, motivate myself, and genuinely feel all that she tells us, all the love that she transmits to us. I am an eternal beginner, and I love being one.

I also see what newcomers do to the class, and I know things that I, as a conscious beginner would not do because they take me away from the goal of my practice.

And that is what I want to transmit to you today.

10 Yoga Tips and Tricks for Beginners

1. A YOGA CLASS FOR BEGINNERS, NOT ALWAYS MEANS IT IS AN EASY CLASS

Depending on your teacher, and the style of yoga you practice, a yoga class for beginners can be challenging.

I sometimes go to the beginner yoga classes given by my teacher, and I realize that it puts a lot of emphasis on breathing, it teaches us at a simpler level and how to breathe in each moment. He also takes his time in each yoga position, explaining how the bases of it should be, the alignment and every detail that could be useful for good practice. Also, it offers variations of the same position, so that you can do the most comfortable you feel, receiving the same benefits.
If the class seems too strong, perhaps you should try another style of yoga. If you do not feel comfortable with your teacher, if you do not transmit what you want to receive in your practice through him, you can find another person to guide you.

2. NO SPECIAL YOGA CLOTHING IS NECESSARY TO BE PURCHASED

Yes, you must feel comfortable in practice. Baggy clothes, and allowing you to do the movements gently is the best.

Keep in mind that you need mobility throughout your body, in all your joints. Also think that you will do yoga positions where you will be with your head underneath, like down-dog, and if you wear something too loose, your shirt may fall on your head, so it may be useful to wear a sports bra underneath—, or maybe a shirt that is not so wide.

Yoga for beginners. Choose comfortable clothes.

3. THE BEST POSITION IS AHEAD!

Maybe I can give you a little fear at first, or embarrassment. But I encourage you to try it one day and come forward. You will see the beautiful view you have of your teacher. You will see much more closely how each posture does, and you will listen better to every word it says. Do not worry about the students behind you. In yoga, we always try to be very focused on personal practice, being aware of ourselves.

Do the same, well attached to your teacher, so that you feel more energy and get better at what you transmit.

In my class, the teacher is not always ahead. Walk between us and make postures in the centre, behind. But he always comes back, and that's where I still am.

But of course, for that, you have to get there early!

4. HAVE THE ACCESSORIES NECESSARY BEFORE STARTING THE CLASS

It is good that you have a block, a rope and even a blanket at hand. There are positions where you will need to help with these accessories. For example, for the triangle posture, you might need a block to rest your hand on it. Or for poses where you need to support your head, or knees on the floor doing pressure, a blanket underneath comes in handy.


5. PERFORM YOUR PRACTICE WITHOUT SHOES

This is mainly for your safety. Otherwise, you can slide on the yoga mat. Also, it helps you have better support to hold your body in one position. You improve your balance. It allows you to separate each toe from your feet as much as you can.

And for me the most important thing, I feel a greater connection in practice. My bare feet on the mat is something I really enjoy. It's like feeling the earth under my feet. How to return to the origins through practice.

Do not worry because other people look at your feet. Once again, I tell you that everyone will be focused on their practice, as you will be in yours.

6. DO NOT EXCEED TOO MUCH

If you have previous injuries or surgeries, it is best that you tell your teacher when you arrive at the class.
With the practice of yoga, you will discover muscles that you did not know existed and that you have never exercised. Therefore let your body adapt to the new exercises, to the new movements, without forcing. Listen to your body. Do not fight against it; do not stress it.

With practice, you will be doing little by little, more and more.

7. ASK ALL YOUR DOUBTS TO YOUR TEACHER

Teachers love the questions! If you do not have something clear, feel free to ask and comment on what you want. It is preferable to understand something well before doing it than to enter the posture with uncertainty. If you do not feel comfortable asking during class, do it when it's over, but never leave yourself in doubt.

8. BY MAKING A POSTURE THAT YOU HAD NOT DONE BEFORE OBSERVE FIRST

When you do a posture for the first time, it is best to first look at how your teacher does it and listen to the instructions while doing it. If you try to do it at the same time, it can be more difficult for you. So the first time, make sure you look and listen well how your teacher does it before you do it.

9. DO NOT LEAVE BEFORE TESTING OTHER YOGA STYLES AND OTHER TEACHERS

Did you go to one or two yoga classes, and are you not sure to continue? Do not leave it. I advise you that if you did not feel comfortable, try another style of yoga, and with another teacher before deciding not to practice more. Each teacher has a presence and transmits different energy. That's why sometimes it takes a couple of classes to connect and discover the right teacher for you.

10. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEART OPEN

And most important of all, do not forget to breathe, smile, and enjoy your practice!


I hope you find these yoga tips for beginners useful. If you have any questions please, do not hesitate to put your inquiry or your comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advantages of hiring a personal trainer

If you want to improve your physical condition or want to move to the next level, maybe you are thinking of hiring a personal trainer, we will see the advantages and disadvantages of opting for this form of training that is having more and more success in recent years. You will have a much more personalized treatment, but be prepared for the expense, because it is not a cheap option. Let's see if it makes up for it. Where to find your personal trainer? You have many ways to find your coach. There are ads in classified portals, they leave cards at gym receptions or maybe a friend recommends one. But probably the most complete portal to look for is Entrerenar.me, a platform where you can see the professionals in your area, with the recommendations of the users, the prices they practice per session, and a full profile with photos explaining how they work. The advantages of hiring a personal trainer Your personal trainer is a qualified professional. Or at least it should be. That&#